29 September 2015

Molkky Barrage

So I've been playing a Finnish lawn game called Molkky this summer. It's vaguely related to bowling in that there are pins (skittles) you try to knock over, but they are numbered and you stand them up where they've fallen. The initial setup gets spread out pretty quickly.

I'm not sure I'm getting any better at it, but it's fun.

Lately though, it's become more treacherous to play. Acorns have been raining down with surprising force and frequency. When they hit the deck or bench, it's with a loud thwack. Even when they hit the ground, they often bounce several feet.

I've taken to covering my head as best I can when I set pins back up. Luck's been with me so far though one did bounce right past me.

Are you having crazy amounts of acorns this year?


10 years ago on TTaT: Short people may cause skin cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment