09 June 2015

44. Libraries

Libraries44. Libraries by Candida Höfer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The intro essay is a bit strange and I would've culled some photos to make the collection tighter thematically, but overall it's a wonderful group of photographs of spectacular libraries.

They really knew how to build them back in the day in Europe and South America. I'd love to visit a number of these.

ETA: Having reviewed all the photos I bookmarked (14 libraries), I've narrowed them down to the top two libraries I'd most like to see in person: Trinity College Library in Dublin, Ireland (p. 35); and Narodni knihovna in Prague, Czech Republic (p.153-5). Runners up include BNF (Bibliotheque nationale de France) Site Richelieu-Louvois in Paris, France (p.195-7); and Biblioteca Menendez Pelayo in Santander, Spain (p. 243).


Two years ago on TTaT: Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

No comments:

Post a Comment