11 November 2014

72. Letters to a Young Artist

Letters to a Young Artist72. Letters to a Young Artist by Anna Deavere Smith

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I just finished reading this but could already reread it. There's something to words presented as letters that has great appeal to me.

The book is full of advice both practical and personal for anyone pursuing a creative endeavor. There's also a substantial list of resources for artists, both state and federal. (You could track them all down online, I'm sure, but it's nice to see them in print.)

Smith's writing is warm, thoughtful, direct, with sprinkles of tough love. It's also a glimpse into her life, travels, and thoughts on events occurring as she wrote the book.

This is one I'd like to have on my shelf for reference.


5 years ago on TTaT: Dance Dance Revolution: The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment