01 October 2012

Epistaxis Extreme

Basically, it's a shark extreme nosebleed.

Nothing quite like waking up around 3:40 AM and thinking, "It feels like my nose is starting to bleed," and then having the worst nosebleed you can recall ever having.

On the one hand, "Yay, Body, for waking me up in time to avoid getting blood on anything!"

On the other, not so cool those moments I spent pondering blood clots in my head and the potential for stroke in the middle of the night. Also, it was cold.

Nighttime nosebleeds: not a fan.

(Apologies for the grisliness. I did my best to keep it to a minimum.)


Two years ago on TTaT: Life of Art SitRep #34: the unfinished week

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had anything quite to this extreme, but I fully appreciate my body's ability to warn me of upcoming nosebleeds. I can always taste the blood at least a minute or so before it starts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I don't get that much forewarning, but I appreciate the short window that gives me a chance to think whether I have a runny nose or an impending bloody one.

      Delete