17 February 2012

Life of Art SitRep #106 Windmills

Every week, I work towards creating a life of art for myself. This is the zigzag filled journey.

Play along in the comments with your own pursuits if you'd like. (That's where I'll cheer you on.)
*******
This week was a roller coaster of anger, frustration, anxiety, and finally calm resignation towards something I was not able to change. Maybe not so calm as I can feel the frustration nipping at the edge of my thoughts. It's done though, my protestations at any rate. Of note is that working to create something new distracted me and made me feel best. When all else fails, focus on the work.

This week, I

  • Created Red and Black Chevrons design and made a product line of it:
    Red and Black Chevrons rickshawflapsleeve
    Red and Black Chevrons by RocklawnArts
    Browse other MacBook Pro sleeve designs on Zazzle.

  • Made a couple versions of a design I'm working on, but I'm still undecided about which way to go with it.

  • Rearranged store a bit.

  • Zazzle blog post Foto Friday! on 2/10/12 includes my Red Dianthus with Raindrops stamps with a link to them.

  • Renamed photo files in 5 folders.

  • Posted 37 products to promotional blogs. Still doing posts to my Rocklawn Arts blog manually so formatting for tweets and squidoo lenses will look better.

  • Watched great tutorial "It's All About the Jaw" by Peter Hurley. If you want a strong jawline in photographs, watch this! Essentially move your forehead forward and down to clean up your jawline. If the shot is more profile, move your ear towards camera.

  • Watched "reDefine 111 : An interview with Portrait Photographer Sue Bryce"

  • Watched video tutorial "How To Use The Synchronize Command in Adobe Camera RAW"

  • Watched about 1/2 of Christa Meola's Boudoir workshop on Creative Live.

  • Read Christa Meola's "The Pro Photographer Manifesto: 10 Habits of Successful Pros."

  • *******
    How are your pursuits going?


    A year ago on TTaT: Worth: internal or external?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment