10 November 2009

Attack on the Peaceable Kingdom

Often, I take back routes to see farm animals from the road. Seeing sheep, pygmy goats, llamas, cows, and ponies always brightens my day.

I've described the wonder of it before:
Llamas, they won't just spit in your eye
Peaceable Kingdom

So I'm distraught and angry that two of the llamas I've so often driven by were murdered by someone with bow and arrows in the middle of the night. Lest bow & arrows give you pause, there's nothing sportsmanlike about shooting llamas that are in a pen guarding sheep. This was no hunting accident as the perpetrator broke off the arrows at the entry points to remove evidence. Besides, they left the dead animals. This is just cruel, awful violence.

I hope they find the cocksucking motherfucker responsible and lock them up for a very long time.

2 comments:

  1. This doesn't surprise me at all. People are very cruel to animals. Those llamas are lucky they got to live outside and aren't produced for human consumption and forced to spend their lives in pain and suffering. :( I hope they do find the people who did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were actually from a rescue llama organization, so I don't know what their lives were like before, but hanging out in the field, grazing with & looking out for the sheep, seemed a decent life.

    This caught me off-guard because it was killing someone's livestock--someone's shepherds--for no apparent reason, and it was close to home. I just don't understand it.

    ReplyDelete