11 March 2008

I'd hire Miss Pettigrew

Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day is a thoroughly enjoyable romantic comedy set in 1939 London. Frances McDormand is a delight to watch as always. The production design, sets, and costumes are exquisite.

The movie is a lot of fun. Undoubtedly not suited to everyone's tastes, but if you like the screwball comedies of the actual 1930s and early 40s, you should enjoy the fresh addition to the genre of Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day.



A year ago on TTaT: I was suspicious..., The other Hepburn

3 comments:

  1. I have loved every preview I have seen for that movie! I hope I get to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see that movie. I love both Amy and Frances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kilax: Well worth the effort!

    sizz: Amy's great too. Lee Pace, the cutie from Pushing Daisies, and the rest of the cast are all good.

    ReplyDelete