22 June 2007

Happy birthday, Joss!!!

Can't Stop The Serenity:
Joss Whedon's Serenity on the big screen.
On (or around) June 23, Joss Whedon's birthday.
To benefit Joss Whedon's favorite charity, Equality Now.

Very cool. If there were one near me, I'd so be there. But maybe there's one near you- visit Can't Stop The Serenity to find out.

From Joss Whedon:
There are two ways to fight a battle like ours. One is to whisper in the ear of the masses, try subtlely and gradually to change the gender expectations and mythic structures of our culture. That's me. The other is to step up and confront the thousands of atrocities that are taking place around the world on an immediate, one-by-one basis. That's a great deal harder, and that's Equality Now. It's not about politics; it's about basic human decency.
Technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Even though I was never a huge Buffy or Serenity fan, when I saw the Buffy musical episode, I was sooo sold on his genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great ep.

    It took me a while to get into Buffy. I didn't start watching until the 3rd season because the name turned me off so much, but the show quickly became a favorite once I gave it a chance.

    Vampire slayers and space rogues aren't for everybody, I realize; I love the strong women that populate his creations.

    ReplyDelete