12 April 2007

It is a sport

Last night, I discovered my latest guilty pleasure. (As I've said before, I don't actually believe there's anything to the guilt in guilty pleasure, but the phrase still has its uses for me.)

Allow me to present:
Cheerleader U
The perfect show to flip over to during commercials.

Oh right, I'm the only person left without TiVo. Anyway, as someone who could barely manage a decent cartwheel as a kid, I'm just completely awed by the athleticism of today's cheerleaders.

One year ago at TTaT: Goofy, but fun
Technorati tags: ,

4 comments:

  1. As someone who did way too many cartwheels as a kid, I'm sad I won't get to see this show. iPod, yes; TiVo, no; TV, no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, but there's still hope for you. They have video on their website. Good for a taste of it at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, cheerleading just ... it's a little like singing tenor, I'm constantly impressed by the technicalities and hard work singing a complicated tenor piece, it's still the basses that move my heart... And there just aren't enough cartwheels to bring me over here, I'm afraid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scholiast: There's a time I would've felt that way too, but that was before I caught pieces of cheerleading championships on ESPN2. Perhaps you haven't seen them. The acrobatics/strength/flexibility involved, far surpassing cartwheels, are pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete