25 January 2006

Seriously?

I've always found the people in the Match.com ads solicitous and annoying, but with the addition of Dr. Phil, the ads now seem creepy. He strikes me as some friend's lecherous uncle full of advice on love and relationships.

Maybe part of it is the white background. They've found each other, but where exactly? They talk about meeting and their happiness, but we never see them anywhere real. Instead it looks like some cyber-fantasy brainwashing attempt.

tags: , , ,

2 comments:

  1. I met my boyfriend on match.com about a year and a half ago. I can't believe they've taken on Dr. Phil as a spokesperson. I cringe every time I see the commercials now, and I'm embarrassed to admit I met my boyfriend on that site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if it worked for you (in the pre-Phil days no less), that's cool. Dr. Phil has just always gotten on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete